Wednesday 28 July 2010

Summer Crafting Cards - pt 2

The following card was made in the class run by Nancy Watt. The card is an A5 gatefold card that opens into a surprise. We were given the template for the card which we had to cut out and fold. The from gate folds have silver and glitter card matted & layered onto it.

When you open the card up it reveals what could have been an old dance hall in the 1920's. The man and woman are from Nancy's DVD 'Festive Follies' that I have purchased ( at a discount price from the show..). They were cut out and stuck onto folds on the card. In the original card they were decoupaged but i didn't do that. The inside of the gatefolds were matted & layered with silver and glittered card as in the front. The chandalier was printed onto acetate and then cut out with a tag and stuck under the message on the top support. The messgae was printed out. I loved this card and the images (I just love art deco) but it could have been made better. I didn't have my own tools and I messed up a bit, but we do have enough stash to make the card again.

Thanks for reading


No comments:

Post a Comment