Friday 3 July 2015

Race for Life

A charity that is very close to my heart is Cancer research due to the fact that almost everyone has been affected by the horrible disease. I lost both my parents to cancer and last year my cousin lost her very short battle which was a big shock. I have run walked the Race for Life but haven't done it for a couple of years but following Maddy's death I knew I had to do it again this year.

I have lost over 4 stone since I last did it and I am a lot fitter now so I knew it would be difficult to do the 5k, so on Sunday 21st June I lined up with the joggers (previous years it would have been with the walkers ) and I managed to complete it in 36 minutes. I even managed to jog some of the way :-)

Very chuffed with myself 



Thank you for reading 


No comments:

Post a Comment